Need to Talk?
Identifying as LGBT can be tough. Sometimes you need to talk with someone who can just listen. Here are some options:
Especially for youth:
- Trevor Project or call 1-866-488-7386 (under 25)
- TrevorText - Available on Wednesdays-Fridays between 3:00pm-9:00pm EST/12:00pm-6:00pm PT. Text the word "Trevor" to 1-202-304-1200.
- TrevorChat - Available 7 days a week (3:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. ET / 12:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. PT). Click HERE to go to the chatroom.
- Community Health Network or call 1-800-273-8255
- Text HELPNOW to 20121 (in Indianapolis)
Youth and Adults:
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255
- The GLBT National Help Center at 1-800-246-7743
- 211 Helpline. Just dial 211.
- Crisis Line at (317) 251-7575 or text CSIS to 839863 (24/7)
- For other Suicide Hotlines around Indiana, click HERE
- If you just need to talk to someone: 1-800-273-TALK
- Depression and other mood disorders are the number-one risk factor for suicide, but alcohol and drug abuse are a close second. DrugRehab.com's mission is to bring awareness to this fact by educating at least one new person a day about substance abuse.