Are you looking for a career opportunity serving and providing safer spaces for Indiana's LGBTQ+ youth? The consider joining the IYG team and being a part of the nation's longest continually-serving LGBTQ+ youth organization! Available positions are listed below.
Education and Independent Living Specialist
FLSA Status: Exempt (Salaried)
Hours: Full time
This person is responsible for the development and support of the GSA network throughout Indiana. They also manage Project Prism’s Independent Life Skills program, including employment and education support. Manages HIV-prevention grant work.
1. GSA Services-
▪ Facilitate the formation of new GSAs across Indiana
▪ Strengthen existing GSAs by providing capacity building to youth leadership and adult sponsors
▪ Disseminate information at events on new possibilities for local GSAs, community-based LGBTQ+ youth groups and resources
▪ Visit each GSA at least once per school year
▪ Act as liaison between National GSA Network and IYG
▪ Assist with LGBTQ+ Youth Summit for youth, parents and GSA sponsors
▪ Other duties as assigned
2. IYG Activity Center Responsibilities-
▪ Facilitate youth activities at the IYG activity center
▪ Help staff the activity center, closing several nights of the year
3. Project Prism ILS-
▪ Manage the Independent Life Skills part of Project Prism
▪ Present options for clients in this program to help them become independent
▪ Work with other Case Management employees to coordinate this program
▪ Help to teach financial wellness, tenant responsibilities, and workforce development
▪ Build relationships with educational organizations
▪ Develop a career readiness program
▪ Educate young people on HIV-prevention skills
▪ Help manage the Project Prism grant, providing data, and tracking summary
The Education Outreach Coordinator reports directly to the Case Management Supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
▪ Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in education, social work, or a related field such as youth services, preferred but not required.
▪ Two years or more previous experience as a presenter or group facilitator
▪ One year or more direct service work with youth
▪ Competency in LGBTQ+ terms and definitions and in regards to the needs and resources for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer youth
▪ Ability to interact with youth 12-24 years old and have a good rapport with them
▪ Must have strong leadership, time management, organization and communication skills
▪ Evening availability is required several nights a week
▪ Previous experience working in a school setting is a plus
▪ Experience with Microsoft Suite including Excel and Word
▪ Strong skills in planning, delegation, critical thinking and organization
▪ Must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Indiana Youth Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please send current resume and letter of interest to Rann DeStefano at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you'd like more information on employment with IYG, please contact Rann DeStefano, Sr. Director of HR and Operations, at email@example.com or 317.541.8726x110.
Are you looking for an internship opportunity in social work, nonprofit administration, or other related fields? Then consider interning with IYG. We offer numerous internship opportunities throughout the year.
If you’re interested in getting more information on internships with IYG, please contact our Sr. Director of HR and Operations, Rann DeStefano, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317.541.8726x110.
IYG is now accepting candidates for fall internships. These internships are unpaid positions; however, they offer flexible days and hours and the benefit of learning from our staff. The length of an internship is three or more months based on the candidate's availability and school requirements. To receive more information or to apply, please send an email and your current resume to Rann DeStefano, Sr. Director of HR and Operations, at rdestefano@indianayouthgroup no later than 6:00 pm on Saturday, July 31, 2021, or as soon as possible.